The GCEDC, developers of the WNY STAMP campus, understand that academic connectivity is imperative to the success of semiconductor and technology companies. To this end, we engage our regional colleges and universities to ensure they are ready and capable of providing solutions to businesses including workforce development, specialized degree programs, stacking non-credit and credit programs, as well as R & D collaboration and partnerships. With over 57 universities and colleges within a two hour drive of the WNY STAMP site, the collaborative opportunities are endless.
57 colleges and universities and more than 300,000 students in WNY
- 318,156 enrolled in 57 colleges in and around WNY (2010)
- 75,013 graduates from those 57 colleges (2010)
- 38 four-year colleges regionally
- 18 two-year colleges regionally
WNY offers several colleges specialized in manufacturing, engineering and technology
- 6 World Class University Centers Proximate to the 1,250 acre STAMP site
- Rochester Institute of Technology, University at Buffalo, University of Rochester, Cornell University, Syracuse university, and Alfred University
- 4 AAU Member University Centers in region
- 5 SUNY Community Colleges in region (53,000 enrolled)
- 2 colleges (ECC, GCC) developing AAS in Nanotechnology (SEMI)
- 2 colleges (MCC, FLCC) enabling Engineering curriculum with SEMI and Mechatronics elements in collaboration with RIT.
Expansive Engineering Programs regionally near the STAMP site enables strong engineering “talent sourcing” potential
- 17,000 engineering students enrolled (6 regional university centers: 2011-12)
- 4,500 engineering degrees conferred (6 regional universities centers: 2011-12)